10/02/2012

The Importance of Unity


By
Venerable Mangala Priya
Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University

Unity seems to be an elusive goal in our society. When there is no unity in a group that “group” is doomed to collapse. On the other hand, unity is a wonderful thing to be a part of. there is peace and joy when people in a group work together in unity. Generally, groups begin with unity. Unity is something that must actively be maintained in a group. Notice that every member must make every effort in order to keep the unity. Of course, unity and peace go hand in hand. We are Bangladeshis, we should try to live being one in unity.
What is the cause of this breakdown in unity and harmonius relationships? The cause is simply selfishness, seeking to obtain the greatest advantage from the group and giving back as little as possible. When there is no unity, when there is division, what is the result?
Did you ever ask these important questions to yourself?
  • Am I taking advantage of others in the group or relationship?
  • Am I doing less than my fair share in the work of the group?
  • Am I doing less than my fair share in contributing to the group?
  • If my behavior is not conducive to keep the unity, what can i do to change my behavior?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts